Suppose you have minor cosmetic imperfections in your smile, such as chips, cracks, or small gaps. In that case, your dentist may recommend that you get dental bonding in Winnipeg as an affordable and quick way to enhance your appearance and repair damage. Generally, dental bonding near you lasts for about five to ten years. Read more to learn about the factors that impact the expected lifespan of bonding and if this procedure is right for you.
What Affects the Lifespan of Dental Bonding?
There are several factors that affect the longevity of dental bonding, such as:
- The type of material used
- The experience of your dentist
- How much bonding is required
- The strength and health of the underlying teeth
- Daily habits such as teeth grinding, food choices, and nail-biting
While dental bonding offers a simple and effective solution for damaged teeth, it is not built to last forever, and you will need to visit a dental office in Winnipeg for touch-ups every five to ten years to maintain its appearance.
When Does Dental Bonding Require Replacement or Repair?
As mentioned above, dental bonding simply doesn’t last forever. Some of the reasons why you may need to visit a dental office near you for repair or replacement are:
- The bonding material applied to your front teeth may eventually become stained due to the ingestion of dark-colored beverages and foods.
- If you tend to grind your teeth, you may wear down the bonding material or cause it to chip.
- The bonding material is not as strong as your natural tooth enamel, and eating hard foods or using your teeth as tools to open packages can wear down the resin and necessitate repair or replacement.
Your bonding should look and feel just like your natural teeth. The best way to determine if it needs to be repaired or replaced is if you notice a difference in your appearance or the feeling in your mouth is off. For example, lifted corners can indicate that it is time to make a visit to your dentist.
How to Make Your Bonding Last
The best way to get the most out of your bonding is to practice an excellent oral hygiene routine. One of the advantages of dental bonding is that it requires the same care as your natural teeth. When you get dental bonding done at Vista Place Dental, our dentist will offer you suggestions on maintaining your bonding for as long as possible.
Some of these suggestions may include:
- Brushing your teeth regularly, gently, and with a fluoride toothpaste
- Flossing each evening using the correct flossing techniques
- Visiting your dentist every six months for professional dental cleanings and checkups
- Avoiding chewing on hard foods or objects such as pencils
- Avoiding consuming items that can stain your teeth for the first couple of days following your treatment, such as coffee or tea
Interested in Dental Bonding?
If you are looking for a non-invasive, wallet-friendly, and effective cosmetic dental procedure to enhance your smile and boost your confidence, then dental bonding may be the perfect solution for you. If you would like to learn more about dental bonding, please contact our dedicated team of dental professionals at Vista Place Dental. We are happy to provide our patients with dental bonding. Please do not hesitate to book a consultation today!